World in Flames Collector's Edition Deluxe game NEW!
New year special! Normally Australian $349, for January 2019 it is on sale for the advance order price of Aust $299 (plus freight).
It is the dawn of September 1939, and the dark clouds of war hover over the globe. China and Japan have already been fighting for more than 2 years and now a Continental war is about to spread worldwide, a World in Flames
You, as leader of your nation, must guide your country through its darkest days, enhancing your economy, working with allies, building the units you need and then employing them effectively to defeat your manifold foes.
World in Flames shows the entire world. and is itself the world's biggest boardgame.
In 1985 Australian Design Group launched what would become the definitive international award winning game of World War II, World in Flames. Now after 32 years we are giving you the greatest strategy game ever.
From the snowy wastes of the arctic to the deserts of Africa and the Jungles of the Pacific; armies,,
and air flotillas
contest the air sea and sky to liberate subject peoples from their wicked overlords.
On any one day you might be fighting on the shores of Normandy, defending your capital, struggling amongst the snows of Russia, or launching carrier strikes in a life-or-death struggle for control of your sea lanes.
World in Flames also includes the fog of war particularly in relation to navies
where you can hide your units on the Task Force display and send out a task force that could be a carrier fleet or just a scouting cruiser. There is one way to find out, but that can be very painful.
But battle is just one demand on your skills. You must also plan for your future. World in Flames allows you to produce everything you did historically or to change your mix depending on your cunning long-term plans to defeat your foes.
Do you need fleets or armies and if so what kind of fleets and what sort of armies? Carriers to dominate the seas, cruisers for scouting or submarines to become your silent killers, As for armies, do you need a small elite army or a large militia to hold what you can until your allies intervene, and the fortunes of war swing crushingly in your favour.
Speaking of allies, you need to flatter your potential partners, plan with your allies
and negotiate with your potential enemies
to ensure that when the blow comes it will be you dictating the terms and not your foes.
But Allies is a purely relative term, and only one country can emerge from this epic struggle truly strong and free. Is this to be your century?
Based on thousands of hours of research, plans and top secret technical data and input from over 10 million hours of playtest data, World in Flames is the definitive strategic game of World War II.
With 5 hard-mounted maps and 4800 counters, World in Flames Collector's Edition Deluxe game is one of the largest published boardgames in history, with unlimited fun, strategy and replayability. The incredible depth of detail in terrain and units, from the most common,
to the most exotic,
has never been paralleled.
World in Flames is the ultimate gaming challenge. Are you game to play?
Please note that everything in the World in Flames Deluxe Collector's edition game is new.
The World in Flames Collector’s Edition Deluxe game consists of:
- the World in Flames Collector’s Edition Classic game;
- Planes in Flames Collector's edition expansion;
- Ships in Flames Collector's edition expansion;
- Divisions in Flames Collector's edition expansion; and
- Territories in Flames Collector's edition expansion;
for a total of 5 hard-mounted maps. a hard-mounted turn record chart (including Production circle), hard-mounted task-force display, 4900 counters, 2 full-colour rule books and 5 colour charts. The full contents description can be downloaded here.
The World in Flames Collector’s Edition game is available and now being shipped.
Extra benefits to all Platinum members (WiF Collector's edition Deluxe owners who purchase the game either via our website (ie here) or via kickstarter).
1) 50% off the hard-mounted Scandinavian map and free freight when printed (expected within 3 months of release of the Collector's edition);
2) Free download of the Beta (development) version of Craig Walter's Vassal version of World in Flames: the Collector's edition when it is ready for testing (expected 3 to 6 months after World in Flames: the Collector's edition is released). The release Vassal version will be available free for all WIF customers after testing is finished (expected approximately 9-12 months after release). The vassal France 40 scenario is already available in the downloads section so you can start playing now; and
3) 40% discount off the recommended retail price (Australian$79) of the World in Flames Collector's edition (Virtual) companion (includes high quality images of all the counters, maps and rules graphics and text as well as all the technical data and production specs on all the combat aircraft and naval units of world war II), available now. To gain the discount please type in the notes section of your cart containing the order for the Virtual companion "WiFCE Deluxe owner, 40% discount please" to receive the companion for only Australian$47.40 (ignore what shoppify charges, it is just a hold on your card, the amount is only debited after your order is processed by ADG).
During our hour of peril, and if you ignore the other 57 Headquarters included in World in Flames, few were finer than Australia's finest:
(just one of 4800 counters, note to self, never design another 4900 counter game again, if that's ok by you Harry).