World in Flames Collector's Edition Classic game NEW!
You, as leader of your nation, must guide your country through its darkest days, enhancing your economy, working with allies, building the units you need and then employing them effectively to defeat your manifold foes.
World in Flames shows the entire world. and is itself the world's biggest boardgame.
In 1985 Australian Design Group launched what would become the definitive international award winning game of World War II, World in Flames. Now after 32 years we are giving you the greatest strategy game ever.
From the snowy wastes of the arctic to the deserts of Africa and the Jungles of the Pacific; armies, navies and air flotillas contest the air sea and sky to liberate subject peoples from their wicked overlords.
On any one day you might be fighting on the shores of Normandy, defending your capital, struggling amongst the snows of Russia, or launching carrier strikes in a life-or-death struggle for control of your sea lanes.
But battle is just one demand on your skills. You must also plan for your future. World in Flames allows you to produce everything you did historically or to change your mix depending on your cunning long-term plans to defeat your foes.
Do you need fleets or armies and if so what kind of fleets and what sort of armies? Carriers to dominate the seas, cruisers for scouting or submarines to become your silent killers, As for armies, do you need a small elite army or a large militia to hold what you can until your allies intervene, and the fortunes of war swing crushingly in your favour.
Speaking of allies, you need to flatter your potential partners, plan with your allies
and negotiate with your potential enemies
to ensure that when the blow comes it will be you dictating the terms and not your foes.
But Allies is a purely relative term, and only one country can emerge from this epic struggle truly strong and free. Is this to be your century?
Based on thousands of hours of research, plans and top secret technical data and input from over 10 million hours of playtest data, World in Flames is the definitive strategic game of World War II.
With 5 hard-mounted maps and 1600 counters, World in Flames Collector's Edition Classic game is the ultimate boardgame, with unlimited fun, strategy and replayability. The incredible depth of detail in terrain and units, from the most common,
to the most exotic,
has never been paralleled.
World in Flames is the ultimate gaming challenge. Are you game to play?
The World in Flames Collector’s Edition Classic game consists of the:
- World in Flames Rules set;
- World in Flames map set;
- World in Flames Classic counters set;
- box & 2 ten-sided dice.
Everything you need to play the game.
The World in Flames Rules set consists of:
- the rule book (incl. 2 x A4 builds charts);
- The Campaign & Players’ Guide (sections 24-30 of the rules including scenario and campaign set ups); and
- 5 x A3 full-colour game charts.
The World in Flames Map set consists of:
- 4 large (574 x 820mm) full-colour hard-mounted maps covering most of the world (West Europe & Africa, East Europe & the Middle East, Asia, and the Pacific);
- One 297 x 420 mm full-colour hard-mounted map of The Americas; and
- One 297 x 420 mm full-colour hard-mounted Turn record chart.
The World in Flames Classic Counters set consists of 1600 (12.7 x 12.7 mm) counters representing the armies, navies and air forces of World War II (countersheets 1-6, 24 & 46);
The full contents description can be downloaded here.
The recommended retail price for the World in Flames Classic game is Australian$199. The price shown of Australian$149 is the advance order price which continues until the game is released.
The World in Flames Collector’s Edition game is being printed now. Unfortunately our printers are not quite as nimble as planned and they have just informed us that with their Christmas break (2 weeks off) the game is unlikely to be finished before mid-January. They are now working flat out and there is still a chance of release before Christmas. I will post further updates as I receive them.
I'm very sorry for the delay. I'm still working very hard to get the game to you as soon as possible and having proofed the components I firmly believe the game will be worth the wait.*************************
Extra benefits to all Gold members (WiF Collector's edition Classic owners who purchase the game either via our website (ie here) or via kickstarter).
1) 50% off hard-mounted Scandinavian map when printed (expected within 3 months of release of the Collector's edition);
2) 25% discount on the World in Flames Collector's edition (Virtual) companion (includes high quality images of all the counters, maps and rules graphics and text as well as all the technical data and production specs on all the combat aircraft and naval units of world war II), expected to be released within 3 months of of release of the Collector's edition;
3) Until the end of the advance order discount period (which continues until the Collector's edition game is released), free freight on the purchase of any 3 or more of; the 1994/95 WiF annual (for collector's only, not compatible with WiF CE), 1998 WiF Annual (LiF), Millenium Annual (PoliF), 2008 Annual (FiF), and/or the Khaki in Flames expansion; from the adg web site (ie here); these being sent out with your WiF Classic game when released; and
4) Freight refund for what’s picked up at Spiel 2017 at Essen (in euros based on xe.com exchange rate on date of pick up). At the moment that is all the Superdeluxe games and kits (bar the Deluxe game itself), and potentially the counters, maps and charts for the World in Flames Collector's edition games (the rest being shipped after the show).
During our hour of peril, and if you ignore the other 57 Headquarters included in World in Flames, few were finer than Australia's finest: