World in Flames Collector's Edition Deluxe game NEW!
You, as leader of your nation, must guide your country through its darkest days, enhancing your economy, working with allies, building the units you need and then employing them effectively to defeat your manifold foes.
World in Flames shows the entire world. and is itself the world's biggest boardgame.
In 1985 Australian Design Group launched what would become the definitive international award winning game of World War II, World in Flames. Now after 32 years we are giving you the greatest strategy game ever.
From the snowy wastes of the arctic to the deserts of Africa and the Jungles of the Pacific; armies,,
and air flotillas
contest the air sea and sky to liberate subject peoples from their wicked overlords.
On any one day you might be fighting on the shores of Normandy, defending your capital, struggling amongst the snows of Russia, or launching carrier strikes in a life-or-death struggle for control of your sea lanes.
World in Flames also includes the fog of war particularly in relation to navies
where you can hide your units on the Task Force display and send out a task force that could be a carrier fleet or just a scouting cruiser. There is one way to find out, but that can be very painful.
But battle is just one demand on your skills. You must also plan for your future. World in Flames allows you to produce everything you did historically or to change your mix depending on your cunning long-term plans to defeat your foes.
Do you need fleets or armies and if so what kind of fleets and what sort of armies? Carriers to dominate the seas, cruisers for scouting or submarines to become your silent killers, As for armies, do you need a small elite army or a large militia to hold what you can until your allies intervene, and the fortunes of war swing crushingly in your favour.
Speaking of allies, you need to flatter your potential partners, plan with your allies
and negotiate with your potential enemies
to ensure that when the blow comes it will be you dictating the terms and not your foes.
But Allies is a purely relative term, and only one country can emerge from this epic struggle truly strong and free. Is this to be your century?
Based on thousands of hours of research, plans and top secret technical data and input from over 10 million hours of playtest data, World in Flames is the definitive strategic game of World War II.
With 5 hard-mounted maps and 4800 counters, World in Flames Collector's Edition Deluxe game is one of the largest published boardgames in history, with unlimited fun, strategy and replayability. The incredible depth of detail in terrain and units, from the most common,
to the most exotic,
has never been paralleled.
World in Flames is the ultimate gaming challenge. Are you game to play?
Please note that everything in the World in Flames Deluxe Collector's edition game is new.
The World in Flames Collector’s Edition Deluxe game consists of:
- the World in Flames Collector’s Edition Classic game;
- Planes in Flames Collector's edition expansion;
- Ships in Flames Collector's edition expansion;
- Divisions in Flames Collector's edition expansion; and
- Territories in Flames Collector's edition expansion;
for a total of 5 hard-mounted maps. a hard-mounted turn record chart (including Production circle), hard-mounted task-force display, 4800 counters, 2 full-colour rule books and 5 colour charts. The full contents description can be downloaded here.
The recommended retail price for the World in Flames Deluxe game is Australian$399. The price shown of Australian$299 is for the advance order period up to and including the official launch now expected early December 2017.
Extra benefits to all Platinum members (WiF Collector's edition Deluxe owners who purchase the game either via our website (ie here) or via kickstarter).
1) 50% off hard-mounted Scandinavian map and free freight when printed (expected within 3 months of release of the Collector's edition);
2) 40% discount on the World in Flames Collector's edition (Virtual) companion (includes high quality images of all the counters, maps and rules graphics and text as well as all the technical data and production specs on all the combat aircraft and naval units of world war II), expected to be released within 3 months of of release of the Collector's edition;
3) Until the end of the advance order discount period (expected mid-november when the Collector's edition game is released), free freight on the purchase of any ADG product from our web site (www.a-d-g.com.au) apart from the WiF CE Classic, Deluxe or Superdeluxe games set. from the adg web site (ie here); these being sent out with your WiF CE Deluxe game when released;
4) Freight refund for what’s picked up at Spiel 2017 at Essen (in euros based on xe.com exchange rate on date of pick up). At the moment that is all the Superdeluxe games and kits (bar the Deluxe game itself), and potentially the counters, maps and charts for the World in Flames Collector's edition games (the rest being shipped after the show);
5) Free copy of the beta (development) module of the Vassal World in Flames Collector's edition module prior to its general release on completion (expected 6-9 months, Platinum and Deluxe members getting it 3 to 6 months before anyone else), the vassal France 40 scenario being already available in the downloads section so you can start playing now; and
6) Deluxe deal on WiF Blitz and Fatal Alliances two other WiF games in the series sold under licence to Compass Games. After purchasing your WiF CE Deluxe or WiF CE Superdeluxe set from the adg site (ie here) simply go to the appropriate game you want and type in the coupon code "kst40" (without the quotes) when requested, to get your amazing Collector's edition advance order price discount of 40% (retailer discount). Please check out those web pages for further info.
During our hour of peril, and if you ignore the other 57 Headquarters included in World in Flames, few were finer than Australia's finest:
(just one of 4800 counters, note to self, never design another 4800 counter game again, if that's ok by you Harry).