World in Flames Collector's Edition Super Deluxe Games' Set ~ Very Very New!
32 years ago we brought out a 1000 counter, 2 map game called World in Flames that went on to become an international multi-award winning game and smash hit.
60,000 games (and over 200,000 of all the games, kits, magazines and T-shirts in WiF world) later and here we are with the definitive World War II gaming series.
The World in Flames Collector's edition Super Deluxe Games' Set consists of the:
- World in Flames Collector’s Edition Deluxe game (CS 1-9, 18-22, 24 & 46-54)
- America in Flames game (CS 26-28);
- Days of Decision III game (2 x CS 13 & 3 x CS17);
- Patton in Flames game (CS 31-35);
- Africa map (full-colour 514 x 534 mm paper map);
- Scandinavian map (full-colour 330 x 197 mm paper map);
- Khaki in Flames kit (CS 40-45), (only required for America in Flames, Patton in Flames and KiF option 41 (WiF Intelligence), all World in Flames Collector's edition commonwealth counters are now in Khaki);
- Free World in Flames Collector's edition (Virtual) companion (which includes high quality images of all the counters, maps and rules graphics and text as well as all the technical data and production specs on all the combat aircraft and naval units of world war II), expected to be released within 3 months of of release of the Collector's edition
- most recent 2 Annuals ~ currently Millenium WiF Annual (incl. CS 30, Politics in Flames) & 2008 WiF Annual (incl. CS 39, Factories in Flames);
for a total of 2 magazines, 4 games, 7 expansions, 1 virtual companion, 15 maps and 9240 counters (and a couple of pages of rules:)!
This a grand total of Australian$1000 worth of games, kits and magazines all for the low low price of Aus$699, a saving of 30%, which is reduced even further to just Australian $599 (40% discount) for the advance order period ending on the game's release expected mid-November 2017.
But wait, there's more, much much more!
Extra benefits to all First class members (WiF Collector's edition Super-Deluxe owners who purchase the game either via our website (ie here) or via kickstarter).
1) Free hard-mounted Scandinavian map sent freight free when printed (expected within 3 months of release of the Collector's edition);
2) Until the end of the advance order discount period (expected mid-november when the Collector's edition game is released), free freight on the purchase of any ADG product from our web site (www.a-d-g.com.au) apart from the WiF CE Classic, Deluxe or Superdeluxe games set. from the adg web site (ie here); these being sent out with your WiF CE Deluxe game when released;
3) Freight refund for what’s picked up at Spiel 2017 at Essen (in euros based on xe.com exchange rate on date of pick up). At the moment that is all the Superdeluxe games and kits (bar the Deluxe game itself), and potentially the counters, maps and charts for the World in Flames Collector's edition games (the rest being shipped after the show);
4) Free copy of the beta (development) module of the Vassal World in Flames Collector's edition module prior to its general release on completion (expected 6-9 months, Platinum and Deluxe members getting it 3 to 6 months before anyone else), the vassal France 40 scenario being already available in the downloads section so you can start playing now; and
5) Deluxe deal on WiF Blitz and Fatal Alliances two other WiF games in the series sold under licence to Compass Games. After purchasing your WiF CE Deluxe or WiF CE Superdeluxe set from the adg site (ie here) simply go to the appropriate game you want and type in the coupon code "kst40" (without the quotes) when requested, to get your amazing Collector's edition advance order price discount of 40% (retailer discount). Please check out those web pages for further info.
6) 1 Free immortal dedication in the next WiF CE Superdeluxe game re-printed (see Immortality not dead! for details). Note this does not apply to those who signed up for the Join the immortals campaign as you already own 2 counters in the Collector's edition (unless you haven't yet taken advantage of the Join the immortals campaign in which case you will be eligible on reprint); and
7) If your immortal dedication is for an America in Flames or Patton in Flames counter you get all the reprinted die-cut countersheets of that game, if it is for any reprint of the World in Flames collector’s edition game, it will be the countersheet containing your immortal dedication. Totally free, fee delivery (see Immortality not dead! for details).
Note this does apply to those who signed up for the Join the immortals campaign as you shouldn't receive less than our kickstarter First class members.Thus you will get one free countersheet set for America in Flames or Patton in Flames when reprinted, your choice, sent freight free.
When we are ready to reprint any of the WiF CE SuperDeluxe games we will post it up on our site and send you an email asking if you want to claim your immortality now, or wait until the next game is reprinted (we will say then how much we have left in stock and the likely time when the next game will be printed).
Note: The World in Flames Collector’s Edition Deluxe game is being printed now and its expected release is early December.
All other games, kits, maps and magazines in the World in Flames Collector's edition Super Deluxe package are the latest available editions. They are available now************************
We have now agents in Europe, the USA and Australia and all games will be sent from your local agent.************************
Newsflash 18 August: check out the hostage photos. If you are a first edition World in Flames owner and can send a hostage photo of you along with any component of first edition, you get an additional $50 discount on the order of any World in Flames Collector's edition Super Deluxe game set. via our website.
************************World in Flames Game system synopsis
It is the dawn of September 1939, and the dark clouds of war hover over the globe. China and Japan have already been at war for more than 2 years and now a Continental war is about to become a worldwide war, a World in Flames.
You, as leader of your country, must guide your nation in the darkest period of our history. You are not defenceless but the lingering wisps of the great depression have hollowed out your forces and discouraged your people. You must lift them to their greatest heights and achieve the impossible, victory against an implacable foe.
In 1985 Australian Design Group launched what would become the definitive international award winning game of World War II, World in Flames. Now after 34 years we are giving you the definitive version.
From the snowy wastes of the arctic to the deserts of Africa and the Jungles of the Pacific, armies, navies and air flotillas contest the air sea and sky to liberate subject peoples from their wicked rulers.
On any one day you might be fighting on the shores of Normandy defending your capital struggling amongst the snows of Russia <pan to Russian front with footage of Russian front battles> or launching carrier strikes in a life-or-death struggle for control of your sea lanes.
Most battles suffer from the fog of war, particularly in the chancy naval battles. This is covered in World in Flames Task Force display where you can hide your forces and perplex your enemies.
But battle is just one demand on your skills. You must also plan for your future. World in Flames allows you to produce everything you did historically or to change your mix depending on your cunning long-term plans to defeat your foes. Do you have the right mix of aircraft? How many aircraft carriers do you need? Do you want a small elite all mechanised force or a large army of militia and garrisons to hold what you can until your allies intervene and the fortunes of war swing inexorably in your favour.
Speaking of allies, you need to flatter your potential partners, plan with your allies and negotiate with your potential enemies to ensure that when the blow comes it will be you dictating the terms and not your foes.
But Allies is a purely relative term, and only one country can emerge from this epic struggle truly strong and free. Is this to be your century?
Based on thousands of hours of research, plans and top secret technical data and input from over 10 million hours of playtest data World in Flames is the strategic game of World War II.
World in Flames can be played from 2 to 6 players (and can even be played solitaire). There are 20 campaigns you can play, from the hour long Victory in The West campaign to the 150 hour Global War mega campaign.
World in Flames is the ultimate gaming challenge. Are you game to play?